Position Type: Full-Time and/or Part-Time are available. This is a non-exempt position.
Location: Berwyn, IL
Join Our Team!Berwyn Betty’s Bath & Body, Ltd. is a mission-driven company located in a working-class town just ten miles west of Chicago’s loop. BERWYN BETTY’S began in 2012, when Stephanie Miller was inspired to create a positive business that provided a meaningful, calming work opportunity for her autistic daughter and played to her strengths as she became an adult. We hand-craft beautiful, bright, colorful, fun, aromatic, bath bombs that are full of surprises and a joy for children, families, and individuals. We also make bath bombs to inspire and create opportunities for our team members, including those with special needs … to experience the pride, satisfaction and meaning of being productive members of society. We are looking for passionate, energetic, and team-oriented individuals to join our team and mission-driven business.
SummaryWe are currently seeking to add BERWYN BETTY’S MAKERS to our workshop for those interested in learning the trade to craft beautiful bath bombs and associated bath products. The MAKER is at the core of our business and is responsible for creating the primary products of BERWYN BETTY’S. S/he works with her or his hands to craft beautiful bath bombs that bring delight and fun to our devoted customers. The MAKER will work in a team-centered work environment to meet production goals and provide high quality products.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Produce (“make”) beautiful, bright, colorful, fun, and aromatic bath bombs.
- Learn the craft and master the making of a variety of bomb shapes, and other bath products.
- Regular use of hands and good degree of hand dexterity.
- Hard working, positive, punctual, and reliable.
- Perform focused work during production operation.
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards while meeting production goals and deadlines.
- Collaborate with fellow team members and work independently when needed.
- Use inventory system to identify products to produce during shift and managed finished goods.
- Perform side work duties as assigned.
- Work with the team to perform supporting duties, including: Cleaning of workstation at the end of shift; Restocking dry and ‘wet’ ingredients; Cleaning molds in sink; Wiping down tables; Refilling toy bins; Washing and folding towels; Checking inventory of ingredients, colorants and scents; Fixing broken molds; Cleaning restroom; Sweeping floor; Mopping floor; Organizing toys into plastic capsules.
- Regularly walk, sit, bend, stoop, stand, step up, reach as well as physically lift up to 25lbs throughout shift.
- Starting hourly pay of $14-$18/hour DOE.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.